Using equipment upgrade/repair work orders as part of design process allows early identification of equipment reset modes based on condition/perform-based assessment actions. Equipment must require design improvements benefiting from introduction of design features such as easy access, new technology, easy inspection or interchanged part types, or technological advances. Upgrade/Repair work order activity must be scheduled based on Sourcing Programme Phases.
Guides to better support new Design/Assess of equipment with reduced Logistics Footprint must provide schedules to use in define/assess programme activities to meet mission requirements during equipment system sustainment. Emphasis is placed on reliable design for increased reliable & reduced Logistics Footprint to provide for effective product support.
This Guide stresses the use of equipment upgrade/repair work orders to realise system-based approaches to determine equipment reset consequences & must identify most applicable/effective sustainment tasks. Appropriate use of condition/perform-based assessment technologies must be established by modern diagnostic/prognostic tools to integrate on/off-board monitoring, testing schedule deter mination, & information collection capabilities to enhance overall system support.
These practices must include modern equipment condition/perform-based trend reviews, point-of upgrade/repair work order schedules, risk mitigation, serial parts type item clarification, automatic identification technology & information-driven, interactive training at installations.
Ultimately, these practises must increase operational availability & readiness of equipment at reduced costs covering everything from initial sourcing phase factors & work order schedules to sustainment operations. Here we present guidance for appropriate equipment upgrade/repair work order activities prior/during/after multiple equipment sourcing phase Milestones.
1. Equipment Sourcing process assess routine repair/upgrade work order provide situation info to discover trends & schedule pattern to formulate/revise materiel resource decision
2. Equipment Sourcing risk control compare situation monitor repair/upgrade work order allocation report appraise schedule feedback loop & tech activity extent for clear structure change adjust
3. Equipment Sourcing process determine qualities motivate assign conflict risk assess tech communicate schedule info require for effective & clear, measurable, achievable repair/upgrade work orders
4. Equipment Sourcing project collect baseline equipment info & situation resource charting, action plan, implement schedule & monitor progress for repair/upgrade work order evaluation
5. Equipment Sourcing action plan checklist activate accomplish schedule objective & resource location, coordinate/implement detailed fiscal monitor & evaluate repair/upgrade work order quality assurance
6. Equipment Sourcing situation determine repair/upgrade work order goal expectations & critical schedule phase risks constitute basis for choosing factor evaluate & monitor time-bound activity during implement
7. Equipment Sourcing consider realistic draft of objectives & constraints, assumptions detailed, schedule limitations determine to assess concrete repair/upgrade work order process goals
8. Equipment Sourcing projects determine causal relationships behind repair/upgrade work order objectives consider combined requirements & shed light on how schedule links interact & consequences
9. Equipment Sourcing process determine organisation account for repair/upgrade work order type assist, target group offers for real schedule change & mobilised structures
10. Equipment Sourcing Brainstorming sessions address all identified schedule requirement baseline set with all stakeholders to prioritise info collection process for repair/upgrade work order review, method Q &A